Day 3 (2 and 3)
Version: OS X 10.10 (14A238x)
Working for Me
- Chrome is working well. In fact it has none of the lag (slow and hanging) that Safari does right now
- 1Password is autofilling in Safari and Chrome now, don't know why it didn't initially work
- LaunchBar is a champ and continues to march along working as expected
- OmniGraffle 6 Professional works great
- Sublime Text is getting its usual workout
- Evernote is working as expected; the menu bar for quick notes, the full client, integration with Skitch, and browser plug-ins all work as expected
- Skitch is working
- Transporter Desktop and Sync now seems to be working though I don't have the sync icons in Finder anymore. I will uninstall and reinstall...
- Update: I fully uninstalled "based" on this link (old verion but very similar), http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=141813, and then reinstalled Transporter Desktop. This ended up not working as it just hung on install (status bar kept going to zero and filling over and over)...
- Final Attempt: I ended up Force Quitting the installation and restarting the machine. On restart I deleted the Transporter directory and the re-ran the install (Transporter Desktop.app). This actually worked; and quickly finished. All is back to working as I'd expect it to... Good to go!
- Dropbox is working and syncing
- Caffeine is doing its job keeping the OS from sleeping when I want it to
- Time Machine is working and, as usual, prompting me to delete old backups due to limited remaining space
- Sonos is staying up to date and appears to be protecting me
- Day One is working
- Hazel kicked off and ran each of the rules when I imported some photos from the weekend
- Fantastical has taken some calendar entries from me today - all good
- Safari's Share button is getting its usual exercise
- GPGTools Finder integration works (encrypting and decrypting files)
- GPGTools Keychain Access seems to work
- Terminal is working: I've been building out a couple of Raspberry Pis, and terminaling (SSH) in, headless
- RealVNC Viewer is remoting into the RPis just fine
Not Working in Some Way for Me
- Mail.app is crashing nearly every time I get into it, when I create a new message, open a message to read it; basically opening an email message window
- Mail Act-On workarounds:
- Archive: Ctrl+A - Keyboard Shortcut (custom Mail)
- GPGTools Mail.app integration does not work. It seems to sign correctly but encryption is disabled
- When recording a work-around in mail, for clip-a-tron 3001, Mail.app crashes repeatedly. As a work around, I'll try Keyboard Maestro or straight AppleScript. This may be a Mail.app issue as much as an Automator one.
- I've been viewing some videos about Raspberry Pi and other electronic projects on YouTube. Playing the videos in Safari is very slow. Audio is fast but video is lagging behind a bit.
- Safari continue to be very slow. Opening new tabs, in particular, is dawg ass slow.
- Dark Mode doesn't yet fully work, apparently. You can "turn it on" in System Preferences --> General --> Appearance. You can set it to Blue (default) or Graphite (Dark) but not much changes. For a color blind guy like me, I see that Window controls turn gray, menu bar icons use their non-color versions, and Finder's sidebar is gray but not much other than that. The window headers, status bar areas, etc. all remains bright...